Chia seeds are a wonderful product from the mint family and have similar, potent cooling qualities. Although the Mayans and Aztecs used it extensively in pre-Columbian South America, it wasn’t until lately that it became known as the modern superfood, thanks in large part to the advent of veganism.
Chia seeds are rich in calcium and protein, two essential minerals that vegan diets often struggle to get because they exclude dairy and meat. That’s not it, though! In addition, it is rich in fibre, omega-3 fatty acids, and unsaturated fats, all of which support healthy digestion, bone density, and the health of the hair and skin, according to Aishwarya Sawarna Nir, founder of Global Beauty Secrets.
Chia Seeds’ Basics For Beauty
Learn how it can improve your appearance by reading on:
- Chia seeds pack a powerful antioxidant punch that strengthens skin defences against UV rays and free radicals, delaying the appearance of ageing signs.
- Chia’s cooling properties reduce inflammation.
These tiny seeds, which are high in omega-3 fatty acids, have a healing impact on the skin, providing defence against the bacteria that causes acne and blemishes.
Read also: How To Growing Bean Sprouts In A Jar
- Chia seeds’ high protein and fibre content fortifies hair roots and encourages growth.
These tiny power-packs of essential amino acids enhance the general health of the hair and restore luster.
Nir explains how to maximise the chia seed’s advantages for your appearance. For quick recipes that can enhance your appearance in an all-natural approach, see the list below:
Pack of Chia Seeds for Skin and Hair
The best hacks are frequently the simplest. How else could a single chia seed cure be so effective for the health of the skin and hair?
Make a versatile chia seed mask in just five easy steps.
- In a bowl, place 2 tablespoons of chia seeds.
- Add a few drops of moisturizing clarified butter or coconut oil.
- Bring this mixture’s temperature up to a comforting lukewarm level.
- Directly apply this paste to your skin or scalp.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, rinse it thoroughly.
As an alternative, persons with sensitive or oily skin can soak the seeds in filtered water instead of oil overnight to achieve the gel-like texture.
Beauty From Within
Make a chia-banana smoothie for yourself to reap the rewards of these superseeds.
- Chia seeds, 2 to 3 tablespoons
- One banana
- cocoa powder, 1 tbsp
- Oats, 1 tbsp
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of peanut butter
- 200 ml of milk (For vegan alternatives, try almond, soy, or cashew milk)
- Pour everything into your blender.
- Ideally, blend it for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Offer cold.